users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Deployment topologies

From: Vetle Roeim <vetle_at_roeim.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 20:11:21 +0200

Hi,

In a system I'm working on, we use separate virtual machines to
separate different environments, since it's usually not as simple as
just deploying an application to an app server. This works great, to
the point we even do development on virtual machines (prevents us from
cluttering laptops with everything we have to install).

When developing, we have multiple domains, but in QA and production we
have Glassfish instances on separate servers. Multiple domains
simulates having separate servers well enough for development. Using
multiple domains, you have to make sure they are created with
different port numbers than existing domains, and you have to specify
port number when using asadmin, so it's a bit of a hassle.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Vetle