users@glassfish.java.net

How do I specify an empty password in a JDBC connection pool in the admin console?

From: Laird Nelson <ljnelson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 15:57:55 -0400

I would like to add a "Password" property to a connection pool's Advanced
Properties. I would like its value to be the empty string.

If I leave the password value box blank, then the admin console interprets
my intent to mean that I want to delete the "Password" property, which is
false.

If I try some other stupid tricks, like setting the value to be "", then as
you might expect the password is treated as two double quotes, which of
course is not what I want.

Is there some escape sequence I can enter in this box to indicate the empty
string?

Thanks,
Laird

--