users@glassfish.java.net

Re: mdb & cluster

From: Nigel Deakin <nigel.deakin_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 16:50:19 +0100

> In my MDB - It is listening on a queue - I'm
> using a stateless session bean to process the incoming messages...The
> MDB obtains the session bean by dependency injection and calls a
> processing methond on it...
> I would like to know how I can make sure that the actual processing is
> spread over all the cluster members...

The delivery of messages to MDB instances will be "spread over all the cluster members", though the exact distribution
is not guaranteed to follow any particular pattern and depends on various parameters. If each MDB is calling a local
session bean to "process" the message then the actual processing will likewise be spread over the entire cluster.

Have you tried it? Did you not get what you expected?

Nigel