users@glassfish.java.net

Re: clustering basics

From: Glenn Holmer <gholmer_at_weycogroup.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 11:46:25 -0500

On Thu, 2012-04-19 at 08:18 -0700, Tom Mueller wrote:
> On 4/19/2012 6:20 AM, Glenn Holmer wrote:
> > On Wed, 2012-04-18 at 15:21 -0700, Tom Mueller wrote:
> >> Based on a review of the code, I see a bug that could be what you are
> >> seeing. If you have a plain file (not a directory) in the install root
> >> for the server, then you would get the behavior you are seeing. For
> >> example, I did the following to produce the behavior you are seeing.
> > I'm not sure I understand. If you use the installer, surely you are
> > going to end up with two files in that directory, right?

> Good point. If you use the ZIP distribution, then those files are not
> there. Apparently the testing of install-node was done with the ZIP
> distro rather than the installer distro.

Understood.

> It appears that you are seeing the issue that is documented here:
> http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18930_01/html/821-2426/gkshz.html#glghe

You are right. Maybe I just didn't put that in my notes from the last
time I attempted to set up a cluster; I copied my profile script
from /etc/profile.d/ to the glassfish user's .bashrc on the target
machine, and it worked.

Thanks very much for your help.

Glenn Holmer                          gholmer_at_weycogroup.com
Software Engineer                        phone: 414-908-1809
Weyco Group, Inc.                          fax: 414-908-1601