users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem enabling secure admin

From: Tim Quinn <tim.quinn_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 12:16:02 -0500

I am not able to reproduce the problem you are seeing.

I downloaded 3.1.2, unzipped it, then ran the following commands:

$ asadmin start-domain
Waiting for domain1 to start .......
Successfully started the domain : domain1
domain Location: /Users/tjquinn/asgroup/v3/3.1.2/3.1.2/publish/glassfish3/glassfish/domains/domain1
Log File: /Users/tjquinn/asgroup/v3/3.1.2/3.1.2/publish/glassfish3/glassfish/domains/domain1/logs/server.log
Admin Port: 4848
Command start-domain executed successfully.
$ asadmin change-admin-password
Enter admin user name [default: admin]> (pressed enter to use the default)
Enter admin password> (pressed enter to use the default empty password)
Enter new admin password> (entered the new, non-empty password)
Enter new admin password again> (repeated the new, non-empty password)
Command change-admin-password executed successfully.
$ asadmin enable-secure-admin
Enter admin user name> (pressed enter to use the default)
Enter admin password> (entered the new, non-empty password)
You must restart all running servers for the change in secure admin to take effect.
Command enable-secure-admin executed successfully.
$

It is working as expected for me.

- Tim