users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem enabling secure admin

From: Tim Quinn <tim.quinn_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 08:20:47 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 25, 2012, at 1:36 PM, Thilo Ratnaweera wrote:

> Thank you, Tim, for answering.
>
> On 03/25/2012 07:55 PM, Tim Quinn wrote:
>> You can list the users with this command:
>>
>> asadmin list-file-users --authrealmname admin-realm
>>

> I have run the command you suggested. The output is just one line
> with the name "admin". So it seems there is only this user, right?
Yes, that's right.

> But for this user I already changed the password. Do you have
> another idea, what's going wrong?

This is odd. When you ran the list-file-users command, did you log in
using the "admin" username and the new, non-empty password?

How did you specify the password? Just to make sure we know where the
password is coming from, maybe you could temporarily remove the
~/.asadminpass file and make sure you have not set the
ADMIN_PASSWORDFILE environment variable and do not specify the --
passwordfile option. Then asadmin should prompt you for the password
and you can be sure what value it is using because you'll be entering
it manually.

>> This will list all of the users that appear in the admin realm
>> (which is
>> the one of interest in this case).
>>
>> I would strongly suggest you download the very latest release of
>> GlassFish, which is 3.1.2. (3.1 which is described in the posting you
>> referred to is quite old at this point).
>
> It's version 3.1.2 I am using but the tutorial was made for version
> 3.1.

OK, good!