users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfisg JVM exits no jvm.log

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 14:22:24 -0500 (CDT)

Experimenting some more I observe that no jvm log is ever created even when
my webapp is dpeloyed in GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 3.1.2-b14
(build 14) and working fine. I have tried not setting the following in
domain.xml:

<jvm-options>-XX:LogFile=${com.sun.aas.instanceRoot}/logs/jvm.log</jvm-options>

and instead setting it with asadmin create-jvm-options
'-XX\:LogFile=/tmp/jvm.log'

Note I used /tmp for directory to avoid any problems with
${com.sun.aas.instanceRoot} variable resolution.

None of this seems to work and I do not get a jvm.log no matter what I do.

Can someone please tell me if they are seeing or not seeing this problem (no
jvm.log file) with GF 3.1.2?

Is this a known issue? Shall I file a bug?

--
[Message sent by forum member 'najmi']