users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish via AJP connector very slow

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 10:49:50 -0500 (CDT)

 Hi folks,

 I am running into a problem I can't seem to fix. I am running Glassfish
3.1.1 on a linux VM (Red Hat 5 update 7) (running on VMWare ESX 4.1)

My java developer collegues have deployed some applications under Glassfish,
which are available when you directly connect to them, and quite fast I must
say.

However, for logging purposes (and partly legacy), we have an Apache
frontend. Apache version is 2.2.3.  To be able to connect to the Glassfish
applications through Apache, we've enabled the proxy_ajp module in Apache.

I've setup a vhost under Apache which handles the ProxyPass rules to the
Glassfish apps.

This connection works, but it is really slow, resulting in httpd 500 and 503
errors in the apache logs.

Both the Java developer and me are baffled, as we don't have a clue where we
have to look to solve this. I've googled for days and tried different
proxysettings, but without result.

My first throw was that a few timeouts are biting each other, but which ?

I hope this forum can help me out with this problem. If more info / config
stuff is needed, let me know, I'll gladly post it here.

cheers,

Andy

--
[Message sent by forum member 'andy_kannberg']