users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish 3.1.2 inoperable after update

From: Tim Quinn <tim.quinn_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 09:14:46 -0500

On Mar 15, 2012, at 8:35 AM, forums_at_java.net wrote:

> [quote=tjquinn]The default keystore keystore.jks in the domain's
> config
> directory. You can use the keytool utility to list the detailed
> information
> about the contents of the keystore, including the valid range of the
> entries.
> If your keystore contains an expired entry you could try making a
> back- up
> copy of the keystore and then deleting the entry from the keystore.[/
> quote]
>
> - my 5cent: problem linked with cacerts.jks, but not keystore.jks.
> I'm change
> old cacerts.jks and server succes started
Yes. I think in a follow-up message to the one you quoted I described
how the in-place update
requires accessing the keystore and that the security subsystem opens
both the keystore
and the truststore if either is needed. An expired entry in either
will cause problems;
as you point out the problem in this case was in the cacerts.jks.

Thanks.

- Tim