users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Custom wrong login dialog

From: Tim Quinn <tim.quinn_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 12:28:20 -0500

Hi, Michael.

On Mar 14, 2012, at 12:15 PM, forums_at_java.net wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> thank you for answer. Actually I cannot catch the exception in
> client app
> code, because it's not running when login dialog is displayed. My
> callbackhandler(which displays my login dialog), setted in
> application-client.xml, is called before starting the client app. I've
> tried to catch the expcetion in callbackhandler, but it doesn't work.

The callback handler is used to gather, but not authenticate, the
user's credentials. So it's not surprising that the exception is not
being thrown during a callback.

> Also
> I've tried to set default uncaught expcetion handler, but the
> expcetion is
> catched and handled somewhere outside the callbackhandler code...
> I've looked
> for a setting in acc glassfish descriptors, but I haven't found
> anything...

 From looking at the stack trace, can you tell if you client's code
has been called yet or it all the processing in GlassFish classes up
to that point?

Actually, can you either post or e-mail me directly (your choice) the
stack trace?

- Tim