users@glassfish.java.net

http redirect from 8080 to 80

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 16:54:26 -0500 (CDT)

 Hi all,

I've tried Googling around for this, but there's an overwhelming amount of
stuff out there about how to run on port 80 or set up front-end web servers
that is masking my question if it exists somewhere online. I'm running a web
application on GF with no web server in front. The app was running on 8080,
and I want to move it now to port 80. No problem there. My problem is any
user who has host:8080 bookmarked already -- I'd like to serve a redirect
from host:8080 to 'host' to send them to the new location.

Is there anything built in I can use for that once I've changed the http
listener to 80 (and https on 443)? I supposed I could create domain2 and have
it listen on 8080/8181 to serve a redirect, but that sounds like overkill. Is
there a way I can define new listeners for this purpose? I know there's a
create-http[-listener] subcommand, but can I use that and tie the new
listener to something other than the web app I have deployed? Maybe with a
virtual server? Sorry about my ignorance here.

Thanks,

Bobby

--
[Message sent by forum member 'bbissett']