users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem creating a JMS resource (Queue or ConnectionFactory)

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 10:30:07 -0600 (CST)

Hi Bhavani,

I downloaded Glassfish 3.1.1 [1] from
http://glassfish.java.net/downloads/3.1.1-final.html. I simply unziped the
download and proceeded to copy over all jars found in the
glassfish3.1.1\glassfish\modules folder and subfolders into my lib folder in
my eclipse project.

The eclipse project is a simple Java project where all the jars in the lib
folder have been added to the classpath. I execute the main using eclipe's
built in Ant to run the project as a  Java Application. The project contains
only one class with a single main method; the code for which is seen in the
above post.

I did get another post on this topic (Thread [2]):

[quote=nigeldeakin]> Unable to create connection pool. Invalid raname.
Connector Module with name jmsra not found. I think what you are discovering
is that the embedded GlassFish server does not support JMS. It doesn't have
the jmsra resource adapter (used to access GlassFish Message Queue)
installed. I don't have a definitive list of the features supported by the
embedded GlassFish server, but I think it is closer to the web profile (which
doesn't require JMS support) than the full profile. Nigel[/quote]

If there is anything else I can help with in reaching a resolution please let
me know.

[1] http://download.java.net/glassfish/3.1.1/release/glassfish-3.1.1.zip
[2]
http://www.java.net/forum/topic/glassfish/glassfish/problem-creating-jms-resource-queue-or-connectionfactory-embedded-glassfish-311-server-0