users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Inconsistent module state

From: Glenn Holmer <gholmer_at_weycogroup.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 12:40:36 -0600

On Mon, 2012-02-27 at 10:49 -0500, Laird Nelson wrote:
> We are getting the dreaded Inconsistent Module State error while
> deploying a monstrous .ear file on a Glassfish 3.1 box.
>
> I dimly recall from back in the day this is because for whatever
> reason (almost assuredly our fault) a security policy is being
> generated badly, or there is some security policy that is left over
> and gumming up the works.
>
> I also seem to recall that it is in domains/domain1/generated/policy.
>
> Is it safe to delete this directory in its entirety?

We have it in our HOWTO to follow that procedure for the dreaded "Client
not authorized for this invocation" (delete app directory under
generated/policy). Maybe what you want is to delete the osgi-cache
directory in the domain?

Glenn Holmer                          gholmer_at_weycogroup.com
Software Engineer                        phone: 414-908-1809
Weyco Group, Inc.                          fax: 414-908-1601