users@glassfish.java.net

where to place JDBC driver's dot jar file in GlassFish directory structure?

From: <modjklist_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 18:01:30 +0000 (UTC)

Hello, I'm running an Linux (CentOS 6.2) application that reports the following error when trying to establish a connection to an Oracle database:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/jdbc/pool/OracleDataSource

I've verified the CLASSPATH environment is set correctly to access the driver file: ojdbc6_g.jar

QUESTION 1: It seems GlassFish isn't using this environment variable(?). Can I just drop the driver's jar file into a specific directory?

Is the following directory the right one?

domain-dir/lib/applibs

QUESTION 2: Can I just drop it in using Linux command line arguments (e.g. "cp /path/to/file/filename /path/to/destination/directory"), or do I need to issue something specific within GlassFish's asadmin command prompt?

I assume restarting the domain would be required.

Any advice appreciated.