users@glassfish.java.net

XPathFactory error with Glassfish

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 14:46:34 -0600 (CST)

I'm unable to use XPathFactory/classes with Glassfish. I get the following
error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: XPathFactory#newInstance() failed to create an
XPathFactory for the default object model: http://java.sun.com/jaxp/xpath/dom
with the XPathFactoryConfigurationException:
javax.xml.xpath.XPathFactoryConfigurationException: No XPathFactory
implementation found for the object model: http://java.sun.com/jaxp/xpath/dom
at javax.xml.xpath.XPathFactory.newInstance(XPathFactory.java:101)

This is in a fresh install of Glassfish 3.1.1 (Build 12). From what I've read
around this is a class conflict somewhere, but I have no idea where to start
looking.

I'm testing with a very simple bundle that just has this activator:

package com.spectron.xpath.test_xpath;
import javax.xml.xpath.XPath;
import javax.xml.xpath.XPathFactory;
import org.osgi.framework.BundleActivator;
import org.osgi.framework.BundleContext;
public class Activator implements BundleActivator {
    public void start(BundleContext context) throws Exception {
        XPath p=XPathFactory.newInstance().newXPath();
    }
    public void stop(BundleContext context) throws Exception {
    }
}

--
[Message sent by forum member 'fawzib']