users@glassfish.java.net

Writing probes for Glassfish container events

From: Comerford, Sean <Sean.Comerford_at_espn.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 21:21:04 -0500

We're finally about to turn the keys on V3 in production here at ESPN.

Been doing a bit of reading on the probes that have been added to the V3 monitoring framework.

These look really promising.

But I'm a little stuck on how to actually go about creating and deploying one that listens for container events.

For example, I want to create a probe to be notified of things like when an http-listener's connection queue overflows or even when it reaches a certain threshold (i.e. more than X requests are queued).

Sean Comerford
ESPN.com Site Architecture