users@glassfish.java.net

JCA Adapter Context

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 06:50:05 -0600 (CST)

 When using outbound connections on a custom JCA adapter, is there a way to
pass context information from the EJB requesting a pooled connection to the
ConnectionFactory to use when matching/creating a connection?

I.E.

/*EJB*/

MyManagedConnection connection;

public void useConnection(){

   InitialContext context = new InitialContext();

   context.addToEnvironment("someConfigParam","configValue");

   MyManagedConnection connection =
(MyManagedConnection)context.lookup("jca/my_ra");

}

*ConnectionFactoryImpl*

@Override

public Object createConnectionFactory(ConnectionManager cxManager) throws
ResourceException {

               String someConfigParam = ???;// Here we would pull
from that context to create a

               ConnectionRequestInfo requestInfo = new
MyConnectionRequestInfo(someConfigParam);

return cxManager.allocateConnection(this, requestInfo);

}

--
[Message sent by forum member 'sacarro']