users@glassfish.java.net

Re: how to eliminate SEVERE errors (No class name for worker...) when starting up domain?

From: <modjklist_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 02:18:56 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Amy,

Thanks for all the help! The SEVERE errors disappeared by including the apache/conf/workers.properties file as you expected (yay!).

I even eliminated the WARNING for threadpool.max_threads_too_low because I had mistakenly increased the Default configuration rather than the Server configuration's settings in the web console (after I increased the server configuration's settings the warning went away).

Some follow-up questions:

1. Do my final (and complete) configuration settings below look OK?

asadmin> start-domain --port 4850
asadmin> deploy /home/glassfish/apps/hello.war --port 4850

asadmin> create-net wor k-listener --protocol http-listener-1 --listenerport 8009 --jkenabled true jk-connector --port 4850

asadmin> set server-config.network-config.network-listeners.network-listener.jk-connector.jk-configuration-file=/home/glassfish/glassfish3/glassfish/domains/domain1/config/glassfish-jk.properties --port 4850

asadmin> create-jvm-options -Dcom.sun.enterprise.web.connector.enableJK.propertyFile=/home/glassfish/glassfish3/glassfish/domains/domain1/config/glassfish-jk.properties --port 4850

asadmin> restart-domain --port 4850

We didn't talk about the 2nd to last line above (e.g. create-jvm-options), but it's mentioned in step 7 here: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18930_01/html/821-2416/gfaad.html

2. Can you give specific details on how to exactly set maxThreads using the admin console? For example, how to navigate to the screen where the setting may be input, and which fields to fill out what, etc.?

Thanks so much, -GKK