users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Sharing EntityManagerFactory between spring app and EJB3.1 a

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 14:42:13 -0600 (CST)

 Hi,

Regarding EMF, we decided not to share it for now.

Regarding the apps/bundles:
Initially we had one product (running on GF) which was comprised of ~10 base
'framework' bundles and additional bundles which were downoaded dynamically
from some source ("Content Bundles" which provide additional content to the
users of the app).
Our framework is looking for all relevant osgi services (which content
bundles implement), calls their api and returns the data they return to the
user.

Now we have a functional requirement to merge this product with another
product (the one which runs on tomcat, using spring). The latter will need to
use some services from the first product and vice versa.
Of course, we want to minimize the effort to merge the 2 products while
having the most robust solution.
Both products use hibernate as their persistence provider.
Thanks!

--
[Message sent by forum member 'Karo']