users@glassfish.java.net

Re: need help with GlassFish install front-ended by Apache2 ...

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 10:36:24 -0600 (CST)

 Thanks Jan, I don't see anything in your files that cause me worry compared
to mine. I can view www.mydomain.com:8080/hello, but that's port 8080. This
is my first attempt at using port 80. I've used the following to setup port
80:

  1) The httpd.conf file has a Listen 0.0.0.0:80 line of code (all IPs from
     server use port 80)
  2) The httpd.conf file has a <VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80> section that
     specifies port 80
  3) I include the JkMount statement above in the VirtualHost section.

Do I need to do anything else?

Apache needs to be told to listen to specific ports (it doesn't do this by
default). In my mind that is what the Listen 0.0.0.0:80 line of code in
httpd.conf is doing (I could be wrong).

--
[Message sent by forum member 'gkk_gf']