users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish v3 JDBC setup for active/passive databases

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 06:37:50 -0600 (CST)

Hello,

I have configured JDBC Connection Pool for Postgres DB and deployed my
application. As I want to complete my HA on DB side, I am using Slony-I
replication mechanism. To complete this, I need to somehow tell to my
Glassfish JDBC Connection Pool in case of active DB is down, to use my backup
DB.

1. Is there any internal function in Glassfishv3 to do that?

2. Does anyone have any such example in Persistence.xml to serve both primary
and backup DB? In my Persistence.xml I am using jdbc/<app name> to direct to
my JDBC resource

Thanks,

Jan

--