users@glassfish.java.net

skinnyfish - Trimming down for production

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 10:53:57 -0600 (CST)

I am looking for some best practices in how to slim down glassfish for a
production install.

I will be using glassfish on an applicance, so it needs to be trim, but not
like an embedded device since it stay up all the time.

We are not using a db, so do I need in the top level dir javadb,
oacle-jdbc-drivers, mysql-connector directories?
Are any of these and other not nessecary?

*bin/     javadb/   oracle-jdbc-drivers/   pkg/ glassfish/
 mysql-connector-java-commercial/  .org.opensolaris,pkg/*

Is there a way to trim down the modules and osgi peices so I can determine
what I do not need?

I would like to learn more about some of the different directories and their
connection to the production such as usage and control of osgi-cache.

Thanks a ton

-Daneil

--
[Message sent by forum member 'inetdanno']