users@glassfish.java.net

Firewalls and GlassFish ports.

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 12:21:48 -0600 (CST)

 I have been troubleshooting our GlassFish installation installed on a RHE 5
Linux server. The two deployed applications on it are not launching.  The
browser returns "Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): Unknown error.

Diagnosis of the telnet command and strace results and show that GlassFish is
shutting down the connections after read.

In a bid to get GlassFish working, I'm thinking of opening all the ports (in
the Firewall) which GlassFish uses. I was able to pick out all these port in
the domain.xml file.

Here's my conversatioin with the support of the hosting company:

Dear Support,

Can you please help check that our firewall is not blocking traffic on these
ports: 4848, 8080, 6666, 8686,3700, 3820, 3920, 8686,  26666, 24848, 28080,
28181, 27676, 23700, 23820, 23920, 28686 and 29009.

If it is, we need the rules changed to allow traffic on those ports.

Thanks.

Here's support's response:

Do you want this opened to the internet is this going to be running on the
private ip addresses of your server to other servers.

Source

=========

Internet ???? or Specific public or private ip addresses.

Destination

=========

Server

123.123.123.123

(where 123.123.123.123 is our server's IP address).

I need help with answering these questions that support is asking.

Also, is what I am asking for really necessary?

I would appreciate your input.

Thanks.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'redhat19']