users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Email Notifications about server problems or errors

From: Barry van Someren <barry_at_coffeesprout.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 14:07:55 +0100

Hi,

I believe the performance advisor is still available in the commercial
Glassfish version and it will give you a lot of information.
You can also use the call flow fuctionality inside Glassfish to get a
feel of how much time is spent in all the layers of your application.

For monitoring things like heap used and availability I use a service
built by a colleague of mine: http://java-monitor.com
The more of us Glassfish users sign up, the more time he'll spend
getting the stats we want ;-)
I believe it only alerts on outages, but feel free to ask on the forums.

Regards,

Barry

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 10:15 AM, <forums_at_java.net> wrote:
>  Hi everybody
>
> I am looking for a tool to provide email notifications about server
> resources
> problems (e.g. low heap memory, high cpu usage etc.) or even application
> errors. There used to be a glassfish plugin called performance advisor but i
> cannot find it anymore. If anybody can help me or point me to the right
> direction, it would be much appreciated. My current glassfish version is
> 3.1.1
>
> Cheers
>

> --
>
> [Message sent by forum member 'geodim_78']

Barry van Someren
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/barryvansomeren