users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GF 3.1.1: package-applient / appclient?

From: Bernhard Thalmayr <bernhard.thalmayr_at_painstakingminds.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 17:44:50 +0100

Thanks for the additional information Tim, much appreciated.

When JIRA is accessible again I will file some bugs.

However I still did not get the packaged appclient to work.

I used the package-appclient script on a Server and downloaded the jar
to a Windows XP client.

After expanding it I changed the JAVA in 'asenv.bat' and adopted
'sun-acc.xml' (within <appclient-install-dir>domains\domain1\config).

However when I try to launch 'appclient.bat'
(<appclient-install-dir>\bin\appclient.bat -client
<path-to-client-jar>) I get an error ... unfortunately it's a
localized one ... something like 'incorrect syntax for filename,
directoryname or drivename.

Could you please provide an example how to make the packaged appclient
run correctly?

I've already read any documentation/blog/FAQ I could find but without success.

TIA,
Bernhard