users@glassfish.java.net

Re: "Authentication Failed" in admin interface on 3.1.1

From: Glenn Holmer <gholmer_at_weycogroup.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 16:53:27 -0600

On Wed, 2012-01-11 at 11:59 -0600, forums_at_java.net wrote:
> happens.
>
> > We want to stay on JDK7. Is it only u2 that's an issue?
>
> Have you tried and confirm that jdk6 is fine, but jdk7_u2 shows the
> problem ?
>
> Several bugs filed related to jdk7_u2, and all those issues resolved
> after
> http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-18133 is resolved.
>
> 3.1.2 build 17 (Hard code freeze build) is available now, maybe you
> can try
> that.

We're in the midst of cutting over some servers to new machines. In the
process of doing that, we've tried several with both 7u2 and 7u1, and
our experience is that this issue does not appear at all with 7u1.

Glenn Holmer                          gholmer_at_weycogroup.com
Software Engineer                        phone: 414-908-1809
Weyco Group, Inc.                          fax: 414-908-1601