users@glassfish.java.net

Re: In GlassFish, is there something special about a group ...

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 19:41:44 -0600 (CST)

Hi,

I think that I've figured out what the problem was, and it's stupid (me!!).
 We had been tweaking the sun-web.xml, but we had NOT
un-deployed/re-deployed the BasicAuthen webapp after changing the XML file.
 I was (apparently wrongly) assuming that a restart of the GlassFish server
would cause it to pick up the sun-web.xml change.

I just did a test, where I made the changes in the XML file, and then
undeployed and then deployed the BasicAuthen webapp, and this time, the
changes "took".

Sorry about the panic.  And, again, stupid on my part ;(!!

Later,

Jim

--
[Message sent by forum member 'jimcpl']