users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish app deployment with Derby

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 14:16:47 -0600 (CST)

I've been reading docs and googling around but have not had any success with
these glassfish deployment issues. I'm new to web/enterprise development.

I created a web application with netbeans version 7.0.1. I first used
netbeans to create a database. Then used create entity classes from database
to create the entity classes and persistence unit. I coded up an app and it
runs fine with the glassfish and derby versions that came with netbeans.

Now, I want to deploy and demo the app. I installed a standalone version of
glassfish (version 3.1.1). This came with derby which I started up using
asadmin start-database. I used the glassfish admin console to deploy the app
from the .war file that netbeans generated. The deployment failed to create
the JDBC resources. This is the first problem. I can deploy the app by
manually creating the JDBC resources but then I need to figure out how to
deploy the applications database. This is the second problem. The application
is running but there is no database. I can't figure out how to depoy the
database that I created with netbeans.

So, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction for these two
problems as described above:

1) Have the app automatically create the JDBC resources.

2) Deploy the database created with netbeans.

Help!

Thanks, Ed.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'eshober']