users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish 3.1 and NSS/FIPS

From: Kumar Jayanti <v.b.kumar.jayanti_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 10:02:37 +0530

On 12-Jan-2012, at 8:43 AM, forums_at_java.net wrote:

> So this might be a stupid question, but if I override the GlassfishSSLImpl,
> will I be able to use NSS keystores? Also, can you provide me a quick
> walkthrough or tips on what I need to override GlassfishSSLImpl? I know I
> am supposed to create a class that subclasses
> com.sun.grizzly.net.SSLImplementation, but does that mean I also have to
> implement the grizzly Socket Factories, etc? Do I call NSS underneath those
> implementation? Any help is appreciated.

Here are the relevant classes for the GlassFish default implementation that uses JKS keystores.

GlassfishSSLImpl
GlassfishServerSocketFactory
GlassfishSSLSupport

Just a thought : Maybe you should try using Standalone Grizzly OSGi HttpService and try to add NSS support to it via the SSLImplementation SPI. Then porting it back to glassfish should be straightforward.