users@glassfish.java.net

Re: 500 error with really simple web app

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 08:37:03 -0600 (CST)

 Hi Alexey,

I must've messed up, because I solved my problem, and thought that I had
posted about the resolution, but for some reason, my 2nd post didn't show up
here :(.

The reason that I'm trying to work with GlassFish is that I am going to be
trying the integration of GlassFish with OAM.  The WAR that I was trying was
an example web app, BasicAuthen.war, from
here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/glassfish/documentation/glassfishoamsecurityprovider-170277.html
[1], and I had deployed that to the GlassFish, mainly just to check that the
GlassFish was working.

What I didn't realize was that the sun-web.xml file had some attributes in it
that referenced the OAM security provider, which I hadn't yet deployed to
GlassFish, and i think that was causing a NullPointerException whenever I
accessed /BasicAuthen.  After I turned up the Logger logging level on the
server-config to FINER, I could see the exception.

After I (temporarily) removed those attributes from the sun-web.xml, and
re-deployed the WAR, the web app worked fine.

Thanks,

Jim

[1]
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/glassfish/documentation/glassfishoamsecurityprovider-170277.html