users@glassfish.java.net

Last-Modified http response header & 304 not modified algorithm

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 06:51:20 -0600 (CST)

 I'm using g/f 3.1.1 with Grizzly (no tomcat) and I'm just trying to
understand:   a) where the value of the Last-Modified http response header
comes from. It seems close to the    deployment time, but I'd like to
identify precisely the source of this information.   b) the algorithm that
determines whether a 304 not modified status is returned.   I'm serving
resources from JSF (2.1.3) with <h:outputStylesheet> and <h:outputScript>,
and it's the last modified date/time of the css and js files served up by
these tags that I'm interested in. I can read through the code if someone
would be kind enough to point me in the right direction, I imagine that this
field could get set at various levels.   Thanks.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'oversteer']