users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish Deploy takes forever!

From: Tim Quinn <tim.quinn_at_oracle.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 09:26:33 -0600

On Nov 6, 2011, at 8:06 AM, Radim Kolar wrote:

> http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-17094
>>
>> which I think is exactly the situation you describe - an EAR
>> containing large modules suffering very slow deployment.
> What is exactly large number? i have components with 80 jars and
> they deploys fast. At least way faster then at apache geronimo. Fast
> i mean in about 60 seconds.

I didn't say a large number of modules. I said large modules.

The change from 3.1.1 to 3.1.2 is in how the modules inside the EAR
are read. Large modules - modules of large size - can take a long
time to read.

What "large" and "long time" mean are open to different
interpretations by different users with different needs.

- Tim