users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Web server essential?

From: Hassan Schroeder <hassan.schroeder_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 08:54:47 -0800

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 8:32 AM, <forums_at_java.net> wrote:

> Well I've decided that I'm gonna go with a web server. Mostly because it
> looks odd for your customers to have to type in port 8080 in their address
> bar.

What!? You can run GF on port 80. You can use iptables to route
port 80 requests to a non-privileged port if the former makes you
uncomfortable. Even using a simple proxy like Squid would work
(and possibly help static resource performance).

But putting a web server in front of GF *just* to change the port is
completely overkill.

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder_at_gmail.com
http://about.me/hassanschroeder