users@glassfish.java.net

SEVERE: ProtocolChain exception

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 06:15:44 -0600 (CST)

My log file is filling up with the following:

[#|2011-11-25T13:17:13.369+0000|SEVERE|glassfish3.1.1|com.sun.grizzly.config.GrizzlyServiceListener|_ThreadID=41;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|ProtocolChain
exception java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer at
sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcher.read0(Native Method) at
sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(SocketDispatcher.java:21) at
sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(IOUtil.java:237) at
sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(IOUtil.java:210) at
sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(SocketChannelImpl.java:236) at
com.sun.grizzly.util.Utils.readWithTemporarySelector(Utils.java:174) at
com.sun.grizzly.config.HttpRedirectFilter.execute(HttpRedirectFilter.java:106)
at
com.sun.grizzly.DefaultProtocolChain.executeProtocolFilter(DefaultProtocolChain.java:137)
at
com.sun.grizzly.DefaultProtocolChain.execute(DefaultProtocolChain.java:104)
at com.sun.grizzly.DefaultProtocolChain.execute(DefaultProtocolChain.java:90)
at
com.sun.grizzly.portunif.CustomFilterChainProtocolHandler.handle(CustomFilterChainProtocolHandler.java:74)
at
com.sun.grizzly.portunif.PUReadFilter.processProtocolHandler(PUReadFilter.java:309)
at com.sun.grizzly.portunif.PUReadFilter.execute(PUReadFilter.java:208) at
com.sun.grizzly.DefaultProtocolChain.executeProtocolFilter(DefaultProtocolChain.java:137)
at
com.sun.grizzly.DefaultProtocolChain.execute(DefaultProtocolChain.java:104)
at com.sun.grizzly.DefaultProtocolChain.execute(DefaultProtocolChain.java:90)
at com.sun.grizzly.http.HttpProtocolChain.execute(HttpProtocolChain.java:79)
at
com.sun.grizzly.ProtocolChainContextTask.doCall(ProtocolChainContextTask.java:54)
at
com.sun.grizzly.SelectionKeyContextTask.call(SelectionKeyContextTask.java:59)
at com.sun.grizzly.ContextTask.run(ContextTask.java:71) at
com.sun.grizzly.util.AbstractThreadPool$Worker.doWork(AbstractThreadPool.java:532)
at
com.sun.grizzly.util.AbstractThreadPool$Worker.run(AbstractThreadPool.java:513)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619) |#]
- more than 6000 lines in the log file in less than 20 minutes. Apart from
that, everything seems to work fine.

It started just after I deployed the first application ever on this domain
from NetBeans. I know, because I had just installed Glassfish, enabled secure
admin and accepted certificates; then I deployed my (very simple) web app and
it started. What is the server actually trying to do here? To my untrained
eye it looks like the server is trying to read from a network connection that
gets reset, but I have idea what or why.

I tried to start the domain again, and this problem has stopped; but I can
see that the application I deployed just before is no longer visible on the
server. And each time I try to refresh the server information in NetBeans, I
get another of those messages in the server.log. I have captured the traffic
in Wireshark and attached it (the extension .txt is just so that I can
upload it) - the deployment ass seen from NetBeans never actually finishes,
although I can see the app on the server and even run it, so presumably
NetBeans and the server get out of sync for some reason.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'janpla']