users@glassfish.java.net

Secure admin - what is actually going on?

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 04:46:27 -0600 (CST)

I have some really strange problems with Glassfish 3 and secure admin.

For a long time - a cople of months - it worked without any problems. Then,
in the course of trying to get an external library to work from Glasshfish, I
seemed to have broken something, because I could no longer contact the admin
page - the message was "The connection to hag:4848 was interrupted while the
page was loading."; that was earlier this week. I have ben getting that ever
since, although I have now removed and re-installed Glassfish many times.

The symptoms are strange:

  * If I don't enable secure admin, the admin page works, but I can't deploy
    from NetBeans
  * If I enable secure admin, I can deploy from NetBeans, and I can do some
    basic admin from NetBeans too (undeploy etc)
  * The admin page stops working, but I can run my deployed applications

All in all, it seems like the admin page(s) is the only part that is broken.

Some other observations:

  * After issuing asadmin enable-secure-admin, it takes a long time before I
    get asked to accept a certificate. I remember back when this worked, this
    would happen as soon as I gave the asadmin stop-domain, but now I can keep
    stopping and starting the domain several times
  * These symptoms have started recently, although I haven't made any changes
    to that server apart from reinstalling Glassfish

--
[Message sent by forum member 'janpla']