users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish does not stop dependant apllications registered with a JCA Resource Adapter when changing a configuration property of the RA

From: <julius.blank_at_meditec.zeiss.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 17:53:50 +0100

Hi there,

The situation:
I have a JCA resource adapter (RA) deployed that is configured via a
@ConfigProperty annotation.
I also have an application deployed that uses the RA.

Now I want to change the config property through the Admin console by
creating a resource adapter config.
Now when I change config properties the JCA spec states that the RA has to
be stopped and restarted. So far everything works just fine.

But the spec also states the following in chapter 5.3.4.1:
"Phase One
Before calling the stop method on the ResourceAdapter JavaBean, the
application
server must ensure that all dependant applications using the specific
resource
adapter instance are stopped. This includes deactivating all message
endpoints
receiving messages via the specific resource adapter. Note, however, since
dependant applications typically cannot be stopped until they are
undeployed, the
application server may have to delay stopping the resource adapter
instance, until
all such dependant applications are undeployed."

If I got that right it means that my application should be stopped
(probably also restarted) as well, but that does not happen. This results
in me having both a resource adapter and an application deployed, but the
RA does not "know" about the application/message endpoint.

Now my question is: is this a bug or did I miss something here?

PS my glassfish version is 3.1.1.

This message is intended for a particular addressee only and may contain business or company secrets. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the message immediately. Any use of this email, including saving, publishing, copying, replication or forwarding of the message or the contents is not permitted.