users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JavaOne 2011 Technical Keynote Demo - missing derby.properties file

From: Arun Gupta <arun.p.gupta_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 12:07:04 +0000

Hi Peter,

"derby.properties" is only required to show the SQL statements executed
during database initialization and is not a required for getting the
demo running successfully.

I'm planning to update the source bundle with the latest workspace and
using the SQL statements for Devoxx 2011. I'll include derby.properties
in there and the file only consists the following log statement:

derby.language.logStatementText=true

What platform ?

Do you see any error in server.log ?

Do the PaaS console show database service provisioned ?

Here is the install.sh that I use on my MacBook:

#!/bin/sh
#set -vx
export number=b04
echo $number
export GLASSFISH=$number/glassfish3
export ASADMIN=$GLASSFISH/bin/asadmin
####
rm -rf /u01/glassfish/*
rm -rf $GLASSFISH
#ps aux | grep $number | awk '{print $2}' | xargs kill -9
#ps aux | grep httpd | awk '{print $2}' | xargs kill -9
#
unzip -d $number
/Users/arungup/Downloads/glassfish/glassfish-4.0-$number.zip
cp lb-darwin.zip $GLASSFISH/glassfish/config/lb.zip
mkdir $GLASSFISH/glassfish/databases
cp derby.properties $GLASSFISH/glassfish/databases
$ASADMIN start-domain
$ASADMIN enable paas-console
$ASADMIN create-ims-config-native
$ASADMIN create-template --indexes
ServiceType=LB,VirtualizationType=Native LBNative
$ASADMIN create-jvm-options
-Dorg.glassfish.paas.orchestrator.parallel-provisioning=true

A windows version of the script is available at:

http://blogs.oracle.com/arungupta/entry/java_ee_paas_using_glassfish#comment-1318481357471

-Arun

http://twitter.com/arungupta
http://blogs.oracle.com/arungupta