users@glassfish.java.net

Java EE inter-application communication

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 08:59:11 -0600 (CST)

We are developing several separate applications/modules, that we deploy onto
Glassfish 3.1.1 application server. There are cases where these applications
need to call each others methods, through a remote interface. What is the
best practice when it comes to packaging these remote interfaces? E.g. if A
needs to call B's remote interface, would you extract B's remote interface in
a separate JAR file and package it together with module A? What if this
remote interface references an entity class. Would you package this entity
class together with the interface in this JAR file?

If you have any feedback on this topic, feel free to suggest how you think
this should be done.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'ariod']