users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish 3.1.1 - Unable to deploy application with EJB timer

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 09:42:15 -0600 (CST)

Hello everyone,

Hopefully someone has some experience working through this issue already as
it seems to be a continuing problem in the 3.1.x releases.

I have created a development cluster with the DAS and Nodes on separate
machines.  I am using MySQL cluster as the back end database and have
created a new jdbc resource on Glassfish to connect to MySQL for the Timer
Service.  The ejb__timer__tble is being created by Glassfish on DAS restart
so I know that part is working correctly.  When I go to deploy the known
working application with an EJB timer, it fails due to the EJB Timer Service
not being available.  The following error is all that is useful from the
server logs:

<code>Failed to create automatic timers for <Application name> -- EJB Timer
Service is not available org.glassfish.deployment.common.DeploymentException:
Failed to create automatic timers for <Application Name> -- EJB Timer Service
is not available at
org.glassfish.ejb.startup.EjbDeployer.createAutomaticPersistentTimersForEJB(EjbDeployer.java:589)
at
org.glassfish.ejb.startup.EjbDeployer.checkEjbBundleForTimers(EjbDeployer.java:534)
at org.glassfish.ejb.startup.EjbDeployer.event(EjbDeployer.java:507) at
org.glassfish.kernel.event.EventsImpl.send(EventsImpl.java:128) at
com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.ApplicationLifecycle.deploy(ApplicationLifecycle.java:453)
at
com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.ApplicationLifecycle.deploy(ApplicationLifecycle.java:240)
at
org.glassfish.deployment.admin.DeployCommand.execute(DeployCommand.java:382)
</code>

I have seen the release notes stating issues similar to this but no
workaround is working for me.  Any assistance is greatly appreciated, this
has been a particularly frustrating problem that I have spent a lot of time
on.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'jp2011']