users@glassfish.java.net

JCA resource adapter for cluster

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 20:35:59 -0500 (CDT)

Normal 0 false false false RU X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Обычная таблица";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm
5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}
Hello,

I am working on JCA resource adapter (RA) to connect JavaEE application with
an external system.  This RA should support working in cluster environment.
Unfortunately I haven’t found in JCA specification any recommendations how
it should be implemented and how it should work.

My problem is that external information system supports only one simultaneous
connection. So, it is prohibited to connect with this system from several
cluster nodes at the same time. From other point of view any cluster node
should have possibility to communicate with it. Third requirement is that
there will be several external systems that kind and RA should support load
balancing between nodes.

Could anybody recommend where I can read any recommendations or comments
about development of cluster-ready resource adapters?

Best regards,
Roman

--
[Message sent by forum member 'rpolozov']