users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JMS not persistent messages

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 08:08:53 -0500 (CDT)

thank you very much for your reply :) i've already done that and it seems
that after a restart of the container the messages in the queue are no more
available.

but i've a question.. what is its behavior in case of nobody is listening on
the queue and a lot of messages are sent on the queue? i don't think that it
will go OutOfMemory and maybe it has a algorithm in order to put it on disk.
but this is my opinion and maybe(i hope) it is wrong..  :)

for me the most important thing is that those message will NEVER go, neither
for persistence nor for temporary saving, on a mass storage device.. i prefer
that the system drops the messages if it has no more memory instead to
save(also temporarily) on the file system.

Do you know if your answer covers also this situation?

THank you.

Bye.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'mostec']