users@glassfish.java.net

Counter example and grizzly source code

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 07:33:27 -0500 (CDT)

I downloaded the comet counter war and successfully tried it on glassfish
3.1.1 .

Now I want to start a my project with the same LongPollingServlet and
excluding comet_1.6.1.jar bundled jar replacing it with all grizzly source
code.

Then I  have downloaded all dependencies summarized in
http://grizzly.java.net/nonav/docs/docbkx2.0/html/dependencies.html  ,
unzipped and putted in my netbeans source folder.

Also I have modified some import (sun import with import of downloaded source
code) :

import com.sun.grizzly.comet.CometContext;
import com.sun.grizzly.comet.CometEngine;
import com.sun.grizzly.comet.CometEvent;
import com.sun.grizzly.comet.CometHandler;

replaced with

import org.glassfish.grizzly.comet.CometContext;
import org.glassfish.grizzly.comet.CometEngine;
import org.glassfish.grizzly.comet.CometEvent;
import org.glassfish.grizzly.comet.DefaultCometHandler;

The project is right compiled and deployed but I obtain the same error (see
below) as when don't enable comet support on admin console, but I have
enabled this feature , in fact the original war comet counter still work :

AVVERTENZA: StandardWrapperValve[LongPollingServlet]: PWC1406:
Servlet.service() for servlet LongPollingServlet threw exception
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Make sure you have enabled Comet or make
sure the thread invoking that method is the same as the Servlet.service()
thread.
    at
org.glassfish.grizzly.comet.CometContext.addCometHandler(CometContext.java:219)
    at
org.savino.comet.LongPollingServlet.doGet(LongPollingServlet.java:129)

I notice that the war comet counter containing some code (container
,grizzlet, standalone packages )  that my source/downloaded code doesn't .Do
I need some other source code ? Why glassfish  report
CometEngine.isCometEnabled = false , even if I eneabled this features ?

thanks.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'kronos72it']