users@glassfish.java.net

JavaEE 6: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to retrieve

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 08:22:24 -0500 (CDT)

Hi

Yesterday when I was working on my JavaEE application, it was happily getting
deployed to Glassfish 3.1 and all the *[web, ejb, jpa]* engines were working
and I was able to interact with database without any problem. But ever since
I started working today I've been having *java.lang.IllegalStateException:
Unable to retrieve EntityManagerFactory for unitName null* error when I try
to retrieve something from database. The application is still deploying
without any problems but I can't see the *[jpa]* engine working this time. I
couldn't figure out why was I getting this error. I did not make any changes
to may configuration on the Glassfish Admin Console or anything in my
application.

Only thing that I did yesterday was to use the *appclient *(ACC) provided by
Glassfish 3.1 to test dependency injection of resources using *_at_Resource*.

I did absolutely nothing else than that. But today when I deploy my
application I do not see the* [jpa]* engine listed with *[web, ejb]* when I
see the deployed modules and components on my application on Glassfish admin
console.

Could someone help me understand the reason why would it happening and how to
solve this problem. I've already spent quite a lot of time trying to get it
to work but I cant see the* [jpa] *engine working to give me an
*EntityManagerFactory* for my application to talk to database.

Thanks.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'docsk2002']