users@glassfish.java.net

Timer: this feature is not part of the EJB 3.1 Lite API

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 13:17:24 -0500 (CDT)

 Hi.

I use GF web profile but now I need @Schedule service. This requires full
profile. As I see from
here: http://www.mentby.com/glassfish/why-does-timer-service-require-full-profile.html
[1], it is not possible to upgrade GF using updateTool. So, two questions:

1. What is the best way to enable schedule service except for total removal
of my current server and substitute with full profile? I don't actually want
to do this on my production server.

2. Can there be any functional/performance problems for my application if it
is installed on full profile instead of web one?

Actually this all is a bit discouraging. I didn't want to use full profile as
web profile covered all my needs and is better in size and start time. But
now I need schedule functionality and this constraints me to perform the
reinstallation of the whole server staff and also is risky. I think I will
prefer Spring scheduling functionality as I cannot use the one, provided by
Java EE.

[1]
http://www.mentby.com/glassfish/why-does-timer-service-require-full-profile.html

--