users@glassfish.java.net

osgi shell in glassfish v3.1.1-b12 ?

From: Phillip Ross <phillip.w.g.ross_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 15:44:04 -0400

Hi all,

I'm wondering if someone could tell me what the prescribed way is to
get the osgi shell going on glassfish v3.1.1-b12. On earlier versions
it either worked out of the box or needed some JVM properties set. I
set the same JVM properties on 3.1.1 that worked on 3.1 but the shell
doesnt seem to be accessible. Here are the current property settings
I'm using:

-Dorg.glassfish.additionalOSGiBundlesToStart=org.apache.felix.shell,org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime,org.apache.felix.gogo.shell,org.apache.felix.gogo.command,org.apache.felix.shell.remote,org.apache.felix.fileinstall

On gfv31 the last two properties were missing and adding them enabled
the shell. On gfv311 I think the last property was there by default
and I added the shell.remote property (and restarted the domain) but
still can't connect to port 6666 with telnet on localhost. Any hints
would be appreciated!

Thanks
- Phillip