users@glassfish.java.net

GF 3.1.1: Deployment Error for JEE 1.4 style EJB module

From: Bernhard Thalmayr <bernhard.thalmayr_at_painstakingminds.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 21:27:41 +0200

Hi experts,
I'm trying to deploy a simple EJB module (consisting of a basic
stateless session bean).

The stateless session bean uses a class from an utility jar, packaged
into the module.

When trying to deploy it using 'asadmin' I get the error

"remote failuer: Error occured during deployment: Exception while
server.log for more details."

Unfortunately there's no information in the server.log at all.

Even if I set loglevel for '....container.ejb' and '...tools.deployment'
to 'FINER' nothing shows up in the log.

I suspect it's a classloading issue.

If put the following entry in MANIFEST.MF

"Class-Path: <utility-jar>"

Any pointers available?

TIA,
Bernhard