users@glassfish.java.net

Re: IDE Hot-deploy for OSGI hybrid Bundles

From: Sahoo <sanjeeb.sahoo_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 21:54:18 +0530

How are you building your hybrid app? Can you configure the build script
to copy the jar to glassfish/autodeploy/bundles/ dir which is watched by
glassfish to take appropriate actions like deploy/undeploy/redeploy
depending on addtion/removal/updation of jars. It monitors every 5 sec,
but you can change that interval to something like 1 sec by editing the
property felix.fileinstall.poll=5000 in
glassfish/osgi/felix/conf/config.properties.

The other option is to add a simple command like the one below at the
end of your build:

asadmin deploy --type osgi --force true <your jar file>

I don't know if GlassFish NetBeans plugin can be used to deploy/redeploy
hybrid apps using that plugin, otherwise that could be another option.

HTH,
Sahoo