users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GF 3.1.1 - remote client hung on lookup of connection ...

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 11:27:19 -0500 (CDT)

 Okay, I got past that problem by changing the server JVM (from 64-bit to
32-bit) and OS (Win 7 to XP).  Now, it works!

New problem:  When I specify -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost in the JVM
invocation, it works.  However, I need to be able to
specify org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost programmatically.  Using the
properties specified in my previous post and invoking the JVM
without -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost, yields a connection exception.  The
exception is telling me that "localhost" is being used, not the IP of the
server that my standalone client is trying to reach.  How do I go about
overriding the "localhost" default with my [user configurable] programmatic
setting???  Thanks for any help you can provide.

Kris

--
[Message sent by forum member 'KrisFraley']