users@glassfish.java.net

Re: jk_enabled thread leak?

From: Amy Roh <amy.roh_at_Oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 16:22:37 -0700

On 9/2/11 10:22 AM, forums_at_java.net wrote:
> I setup Glassfish to accept AJP requests from Apache and after a very
> short
> while under single user load I'll get a thread pool busy error in the
> GlassFish log and the application stops working. Is there a thread
> leak bug
> in GlassFish?
>
> Increasing the size of the thread pool seems to fix the issue, but
> will it
> just run out later on?

You should be able to resolve this issue by increasing the
max-thread-pool-size to be at least the value of Apache maximum number
of connections. Or you can also set Apache's maximum number of
connections that will be allowed to the backend server by using the max
parameter.

<thread-pool name="http-thread-pool"
max-thread-pool-size="50"></thread-pool>

ProxyPass /example http://backend.example.com max=20 ttl=120 retry=300

Amy