users@glassfish.java.net

Re: renewing an expiring SSL cert

From: lance raymond <lance.raymond_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 14:03:57 -0400

ok, that helps (I think) as when I generataed the cert it was a
different password. I am looking at this site
(http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/tools/solaris/keytool.html#KeyStoreImplementation)

As I said, there are no [extentions] when I use the -list -v with the
new .jks, and when I -printcert with the new cert, I see extentions,
so I as I read, I think I need to try to import them. So when I issue
this command;

keytool -import -alias wfgfcert -file 2011.wfgfcert.cert -keystore gf.jks
Enter keystore password: (enter changeit)
Enter key password for <wfgfcert> (changeit)
keytool error: java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: Cannot recover key

So, I do think I need to change the password on the cert. I am
reading that page, but do I change it with the keytool --storepass
command?

Man when this is over, I owe you a beer to say the least!